- DVM, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, 1997
- BS, Cornell University, 1993
- American College of Veterinary Emergency Critical Care (ACVECC)
Coagulation changes in critical illness and in severe trauma; development of protocols for anticoagulant use in the veterinary setting; monitoring anticoagulation therapy; diagnosis and management of severe sepsis and septic shock; alterations in microvascular perfusion in trauma and in critical illness.
Selected Research Projects
- Evaluation of thromboelastography as a sensitive marker of coagulation abnormalities in sepsis.
- Evaluation of thromboelastography in dogs following severe trauma.
- Evaluating abdominal fluid cytology, biochemistry, and culture in dogs post-operatively following source control for abdominal sepsis.